Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I am, I am, I am.




"Hey World Wide Web, this is an intro."

Shut up and tell the truth already.This isn't an intro. This is a first impression. This is a palms-sweating, fingers-shaking, what-the-$#@*-am-I-supposed-to-write, moment of choice. Stop pretending you don't care, we all know that you do. Am I being harsh? I don't mean to be. And even if I meant it, it wouldn't matter. This blog isn't about you.

 This blog is about me.

This blog is about me. It's about statistics and calculus and the ACT. This blog is about the way I eat. The way I stick out my tongue because I'm not patient enough to wait for the food to get there. Like it or not, this blog is about outer space. Because that's all I know how to be; space. This blog is about empty seats and broken middle fingers. All the books falling off the shelves in my head and all the angry rantings that I can't say out loud because I'm a lady. This blog is about repetition. Lather. Rinse. Lather. Rinse.

This blog is for my schizophrenia. Its' for the me that doesn't want to admit she can't spell schizophrenia. It's for the me that sometimes reads books on Friday nights. The coffee drinking me. The carpenter. The caretaker. This blog is for the punk me. For the me who pretends to be ticklish. The musician in me. The dentist in me.

This blog is staring truth in the face, but coating it with sugar before my fingers touch the keys. It will go down easier, I swear. All you have to do is swallow.

Oh, and I lied, earlier, when I said this blog isn't about you. Of  course it's about you, isn't everything?
Because you're the one who's going to make me famous. People will ask me who I have to thank and I'll say you. And maybe Paris.  But you're the one who will make my head grow bigger and my waist grow smaller. Before I know it I'll forget what a library is and probably learn to online shop. Make me forget everything I love. Take it all. Just make me famous.

When they asked me what I wanted to be I said I didn’t know.
"Oh, sure you know,"
"She wants, to be everything.” 


Esther.

11 comments:

  1. You would scare me, but I am genetically fearless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing wrong with reading a book on a Friday night. I do it all the time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nerd alert!!!!!!

    (Just kidding. I'm looking forward to reading The Help tonight.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im flattered that im the person that will make you famous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 4th paragraph, lady, especially the end. And I read Friday nights. My mom tries to force me to go to football games or play pingpong, but I'd much rather stay in my chair and read.

    No, no, Ben Folds. Don't be flattered. I am the person that will make her famous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this. and you are brilliant. and i love you. and...that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the whole damn thing. ('scuse my language)

    you are absolutely unreal and i kinda started stalking your blog...

    ReplyDelete