Sunday, November 4, 2012

don't ask me



I'm sick of people trying to one-up each other's Be The Change sob stories.

And vague "nobody loves me" and "how could you" tweets.


My computer is on 13% battery life and the charging cord is broken. So this is all I have to give you. This is all I have time to say.

I want to tell you that I never think about you as a human being, and I am so sorry.

Are you real?

I want you to cry on my shoulder and I want you to scream into me. I want you to tell me everything. What did you eat for breakfast this morning and when was the last time you cried in public? 

I'll try to stop judging the fact that Tangled is your favorite movie. Or that you don't know the difference between you're and your.  I might even be able to get over you playing sports. Can't you see that I'm trying?

I'd like to see a little effort on your part.

Forget that sometimes I glare. It's just the way my face looks. Try not to remember the that I snort when I laugh or my defensiveness. I never meant to be this way. I never meant to scare you. 

I'm sorry that I listen to Ke$ha and that I left your party 20 minutes after I got there to watch Survivor alone. 
I'm sorry I quit piano lessons 3 times.

I still don't know who I am. And I don't really know who you are. 

But I'm sorry if I scared you away and I'm sorry about this blog post and I'm sorry that I never knew you were real.

Boo.

esther.

 

 

4 comments:

  1. What is there to say?
    It was just amazing.

    I'd like to see a little effort on your part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. want you to cry on my shoulder and I want you to scream into me. I want you to tell me everything.
    #stolen
    awesome post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must admit those pictures intimidate me, but your writing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I want you to cry on my shoulder and I want you to scream into me. I want you to tell me everything."

    I want this!

    ReplyDelete