Monday, October 15, 2012

Falling off Ladders.









We've grown up, you and I
And you watched me as I slowly realized
That the bullet ridden boys across the battlefield
Had monsters in their closets too.
And you're way too far from perfect.
And everyone is way too young to die.

I don't let you tuck me into bed anymore.

Because the devil and the angel
Have vacated my shoulders
And torn me limb from limb
The truth left me broken in an alleyway
And you taught me  how to sin.

The door is breaking down,
And I hold onto all the lies,
Too afraid 
Screaming

Because I haven't been able to touch the clouds in years.

And duct tape won't fix this.
Hell. Super glue won't fix this.

Because I've been a glass ballerina for 4 years now.
I'm standing on one toe
And if someone so much as whispers
My balance shifts and your world shatters.

You're too young for a shattered world, Dad.
Broken glass is dangerous.

And once I cut myself
The sharks come looking for a way in
By this point you're gone
And I'm to weak to fight them off.

So hold in your gasp and close your eyes
It'll be over before you know it, my dear.

"I told you broken glass was dangerous."

Esther.




9 comments:

  1. Awesome post. I always make sure to check out your blog. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Because I've been a glass ballerina for 4 years now.
    I'm standing on one toe
    And if someone so much as whispers
    My balance shifts and your world shatters."

    The whole thing was beautiful, though. Are we allowed to steal an entire post? Ahh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya I read your posts a lot. Your blog is like my morning newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even have words to descibe.

    Stole it, all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog freaks me out...and I like it. I enter a new world of creepiness everytime I read your posts...and I like it. Your writing grabs a hold of my eyes and pulls them in for a closer look...and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Command A. Command C. Command V.

    I love this and I'm stealing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Command A. Command C. Command V.

    I love this and I'm stealing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS MIGHT BE THE SCARIEST THING..... EVER

    ReplyDelete
  9. "And everyone is way too young to die." I like this.. Stole it.

    ReplyDelete