Sunday, December 9, 2012

" if all the artists leave"

Broken Poet
By Tanya Davis

Remember, i was a broken poet

holding on to the drama of life in the doldrums
you were a strong lover
in both heart and muscle
you could have been my mother
for all those tears you caught

Remember, i was a fucked up writer

more depressed than inspired
you were sick and tired
of all that i cried
and our lion fire
musta surely suffered from the rain


 *********************************************************************

Because I'm a broken poet too, but I'm still scared to say the "F word."

Because I'm sick of long metaphorical poems stuffed with pretty words and no actual soul.

Because no one will read long metaphorical poems.

Because lately my words have meant nothing.

And your words mean everything.

Because  I'm trying to tell you something.

I'm trying. 

Because giving up sounds so easy and giving in sounds so typical.

Because this is the first year I don't even care what I get for Christmas. 

Because I'm scared. 



(Because I'm) ESTHER. 

1 comment:

  1. "More depressed than inspired"

    "Because this is the first year I don't even care what I get for Christmas"

    ReplyDelete