Monday, December 3, 2012

Really, Truly, Etc.



I'm sorry I flipped you off when you weren't looking. Multiple times.

I'm sorry your dad left.
And when he came to town I asked you if it was for Thanksgiving.
"Business,"you said, "It's always business."

I'm sorry that I lie to you every time you go out of town. I'm not gonna stop, but I'm still sorry. I am so sorry.

I'm sorry that you study every day and you've never kissed a boy and even though you have a 4.0, I still managed to get an ACT score 5 points higher than you.

I'm sorry you had to get braces after the age of 15.

And I'm sorry I dragged you into this. I'm sorry that now our parents don't trust us and I don't trust us and we're both going to hell together. But at least we'll be together.

Mostly I'm just sorry you never got a real Christmas tree.


ESTHER

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you study every day and you've never kissed a boy and even though you have a 4.0, I still managed to get an ACT score 5 points higher than you.

    I loved this, it made me laugh. Haha, this is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me really think about people I should be sorry to..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mostly I'm just sorry you never got a real Christmas tree.

    This line hurts but I love it so.
    Would you be upset if I did a blog post similar to this? It's just that good...

    ReplyDelete